System Educator Sterilization and Disinfection
16261 Bass Road, Fort Myers, FL
Department: Infection Control
Categories: Allied Health, Clinical Support, Service/Support
Shift: 7:30 AM-4:30 PM
Provides technical and operational support for sterilization and disinfection in all aspects of Lee Health sterilization and disinfection procedures. Administratively responsible for:
Works in clean rooms, soiled workrooms, construction sites, and out of doors. Work will require wearing scrubs, cleanroom garb, hardhat, protective eyewear, and other personal protective equipment.
- Sterilization and disinfection practices and education in inpatient and outpatient facilities. Including but not limited to the following areas of patient care:
- Endoscopy/Bronchoscopy/Vascular equipment
- Respiratory Care equipment (including ventilators)
- Dialysis equipment
- Monitoring of cleaning of medical equipment
- Monitoring of system wide surface disinfection
- Reporting findings to Infection Prevention department and Infection Control Committee
|Degree/Diploma Obtained||Program of Study||Required/|
Additional RequirementsScience or technical field preferred.
|Minimum Years Required||Area of Experience||Required/|
Additional RequirementsRecent science or technical experience.
State of Florida Licensure Requirements
|Current Florida State Drivers License||Required|