Department:IS Information Technology Svcs
9299 College Pkwy
8:00:00 AM to 4:30:00 PM
Fort Myers, FL 33919
Work Type:Full Time
The Senior Unix Engineer develops procedures, support applications, designs programs/scripts, and performs vendor product analysis. Responsible for daily administration of the EPIC Cache/IRIS database environments. Installs and maintains the operating system as well as application upgrades. Performs problem solving for business critical systems. Acts as a consultant to the customer for requested services and makes recommendations on the approach to solving business problems.
Program of Study
A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent relevant work experience required.
Minimum Years Required
Area of Experience
- 7 years of IT experience working to support and enhance infrastructure (including DR) capabilities within an organization.
- Perform senior-level AIX/Linux system administration including troubleshooting, fault isolation, system tuning, software installation, and maintenance
- 7 years of experience as a AIX / RedHat Linux Administrator in an enterprise environment
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.x/8.x installation
- Have a solid understanding of SANs.
- Ability to partition disks, create logical volumes, create file systems, and mount file systems in Linux environments.
- Read, modify, and create shell scripts
- Manage operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes for production servers (AIX and Linux).
- Demonstrated ability to manage infrastructure-related projects including installation of hardware and software solutions (for distributed servers, storage, middleware, and networking)
- Knowledge of and experience in managing DR environment/configuration projects and/or other data center operations projects.
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance, and support of Epic Cache/IRIS databases.
- Participates as part of a team that ensures the stability, integrity, performance of our Epic Cache/IRIS databases.
- Participates in a collaborative group and shares responsibility for design, build, testing, implementation and optimization of this platform.
- Oversight and responsibility for infrastructure and upgrade projects on Epic Cache/IRIS platform and assist non-infrastructure teams with technical considerations in their projects.
- Applying fixes and software updates.
- Planning datacenters for high availability and disaster recovery.
- Monitor and proactively address problems and issues.
- Designs and develops databases and prepares implementation plans for application upgrades and rollout.
- Support and maintains databases for large scale health system with ECP and multiple environments.
- Participates in training and quality improvement activities.
- Participate in rotational on-call and after-hours Epic downtime work, when required
State of Florida Licensure Requirements
- Epic ODBA required
- RHCSA certification preferred.
- Epic ECSA, Chronicles, Data Courier, and/or Clarity Certifications a plus
- Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Participate in On-Call schedule as needed.
- Solid understanding of Networking fundamentals.
- Strong familiarity with Information Security Best Practices
- Understanding of ITIL v3 fundamentals
- Previous experience with Service Now ITSM a big plus