Registered Nurse SPCU
9981 So HealthPark Circle, Fort Myers, FL
Department: SPCU - HPF
Shift: 7:00 PM-7:30 AM
Seeking FT RN to join Surgical PCU. Preferred applicants will have cardiac, cardiothoracic surgery and/or general surgery background.
Health Park Medical Center
- Provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services, from cardiology (heart health) and OB/GYN (women's health), to rehab and radiology. Health Park Medical Center also includes a full-service emergency care center (ER), open 24/7.
- The primary location for Lee Health's cardiac program and a designated Chest Pain Center, Health Park Medical Center was named one of the "100 Top Hospitals" for cardiology and intensive care in the country.
- Acute Care Facility
- 460 total beds
Responsible for the safe delivery and documentation of patient care through the nursing process of assessment// diagnosing// planning// implementation// and evaluation. Performs responsibilities in five areas of nursing practice utilizing critical thinking// management// problem solving and differentiation of urgency in the role of: clinician// teacher// researcher// leadership and professional development. Responsible for directing and coordinating nursing care for patients based on established clinical nursing practice standards subscribed to by American Nursing Association and in accordance with the Florida Nurse Practice Act and other regulatory standards. Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes. Supports the organization vision and mission. Uses knowledge of patient's age and cultural diversity into the provision of patient care. Contributes to the provision of quality nursing care through excellence in customer service and performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care. The nurse practice is guided by the code of ethics for nurses with interpretative statements.
Educational Requirements Required:
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- BLS (from American Heart Association, valid for a minimum of 90 days post hire date)
- ACLS (from American Heart Association, valid for a minimum of 90 days post hire date)
State of Florida Licensure Requirements
- Required: 12 months of PCU experience (comparable experience includes level 1 acute care experience)
- We have a 36 bed unit - surgical progressive care, including some cardiac, open heart, and neuro
Incentives Offered w/eligibility
- Required: Registered Nurse from Board of Nursing
- Relocation (if 50 miles outside of Lee County
- MSN and BSN education assistance
- 24 paid CEUs per year
- Certification pay for related specialty