Fort Myers, FL
Category: Customer Service
Type: Full Time
Department: LPG Referral
Shift: Shift 1
Location: Orion Building
Work Type: Full Time
8:00:00 AM to 5:00:00 PM
Facilitates referrals by processing internal, outgoing, and incoming referral entries. The Referral Coordinator will be responsible for working assigned incoming and outgoing referral work queues, schedule patients, attach referral to patient appointments, obtain authorizations, proactively look into assigned department schedule and verify all authorizations have been done. Will also be responsible for maintaining communication/relationship with the assigned practice. Processes more than 50 referrals per day for completeness, and disseminating the referral appropriately to the correct work queues is the start of the scheduling process.
|Degree/Diploma Obtained||Program of Study||Required/|
|High School Diploma or Equivalent||Required|
Post high school training or college preferred.
|Minimum Years Required||Area of Experience||Required/|
|1 Year||Customer Service||Required|
This job requires you to have a working knowledge of referrals and in-basket, so that you can communicate to the offices and physicians about the referrals. One must possess extensive knowledge Epic scheduling to maneuver efficiently and attach the referral to the appointment, which assists the scheduler in providing quick and accurate service for our patients. This position takes multi-tasking to a new level, and requires one to be flexible, as the job duties change quickly. Communication and fostering a team environment is an essential component of this job. We work in cubicles, so one must feel comfortable working in a confined space. One must maintain all of those proficiencies, and will continue to achieve exceptional quality scores/error rate. In addition, this person must be crossed trained in all service lines of the department.
• Medical terminology knowledge is a must.
• Knowledge and understanding of telephone etiquette including strong listening skills are essential.
• Excellent customer service, including verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Ability to effectively, precisely and clearly communicate with other departments, physician practices, staff and providers.
• Data entry skills and good computer skills are required including knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Expert understanding of insurance and authorization process.
• Being bilingual is helpful.