PRN Certified Nursing Assistant Advanced - WEEKENDS
4211 Metro Parkway, Fort Myers, FL
Department: Nurse Staffing Office
Categories: Certified Nursing Assistant
Shift: 7:00 PM-7:30 AM
SUPER POOL WEEKEND PRN CNA - $19.50/hr
- Must float to all four hospital campuses as need requires (Cape Coral Hospital, Lee Memorial Hospital, Gulf Coast Medical Center, and Health Park Medical Center).
- All shifts must be 12 hour shifts. May not work more than 5 shifts in a row, with the exception of disaster situations.
- Ability to work all weekends, 8 (12 hour) weekend shifts per month
- Ability to have 4 weekends, 8 (12 hour) shifts off during the calendar year
- Must work 2 (12 hour) Holidays per year. 1 (12 hour) shift must be Memorial Day, 4th of July, or Labor Day and 1 (12 hour) shift must be Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Years’. Intra-shift staff reassignment may be required to support system needs.
CNA provides patient care duties under the guidance and direction of the nurse. Responsible for implementing components of the plan of care through the initiation/completion of procedures relating to basic human, mental health, social needs, comfort, safety and emergency measures; activities of daily living; personal care needs; nutrition and fluid and elimination needs. May have access to and transport non-controlled medications as directed.
- If more than 2 weekend absences occur within a 6-month period, the employee will be removed from this plan.
|Degree/Diploma Obtained||Program of Study||Required/|
|High School Diploma or Equivalent||Preferred|
Completion of a State Approved, CNA Education Program required (with at least 120 hours of academic studies and clinical training; 165 hours preferred in Acute Care).
|Minimum Years Required||Area of Experience||Required/|
Previous CNA work experience preferred; or new graduate CNA with clinical training.
State of Florida Licensure Requirements
Or a CNA certification active in another state which is transferrable to obtain Florida certification under reciprocity.
|BLS (American Heart Association / Basic Life Support)||Required|
Proof of American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required; current for a minimum of 90 days after hire date.