PRN Certified Diabetes Educator
Fort Myers, FL
Department: Lee Health Solutions - Corp
Categories: Allied Health
Shift: 8:00 AM-4:30 PM
Responsible for managing the care of a defined patient population; developing expected patient outcomes, defining appropriate resource utilization and setting customer satisfaction goals. The Certified Diabetes Educator serves as a clinical expert, and provides education and consultation services to internal and external groups. The Certified Diabetes Educator collaborates with other professional staff to facilitate care across the continuum. The Certified Diabetes Educators will be critical to the overall strategic direction of Lee Diabetes Care with new initiatives. Certified Diabetes Educators will be responsible for providing patient education on diabetes.
- Associate's in Healthcare
- 2 Years in Diabetes Education
- Minimum of 1000 hours in Diabetes Self Management Education within the past 5 years preferred.
- Registered Nurse License
- Dietitian License
- Current license as an RN in the state of Florida or Florida Licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist. For physician pracetice locations, Registered and licensed dietitian only.
- CDE (Certified Diabetes Educator)
- CDE (Certified Diabetes Educator) required. National Registration as an RD (if dietitian). Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Must be flexible.