Nurse Resident 2020
9299 College Parkway, Fort Myers, FL
Department: Lee Health
Shift: 7:00 AM-7:30 PM
START DATE APRIL 13, 2020
Your future is BRIGHT at Lee Health!!! Our Nurse Residency Program is designed to transition the newly licensed Nurses into safe, competent and confident independent nurses. As a Nurse Resident at Lee Health, you will receive additional support and training from the Resident Development Specialists, Clinical Coaches, Nurse Educators and staff. Residents will attend professional development classes that will provide evidence-based content essential to developing your critical thinking skills, clinical, inter-personal communication skills, and confidence in your practice.
Characteristic Duties of our Nurse Residents include but are not limited to:
- Delivery and documentation of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosing, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Performs responsibilities in five areas of nursing practice clinician, teacher, researcher, leadership and professional development.
- Responsible for directing and coordinating nursing care for patients based on established clinical nursing practice standards subscribed to by American Nursing Association and in accordance with the Florida Nurse Practice Act.
- Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
- Supports the organization vision and mission.
- Uses knowledge of patient's age and cultural diversity into the provision of patient care.
- Contributes to the provision of quality nursing care through excellence in customer service and performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care.
- Works under the guidance of a preceptor while in the Residency Program to develop needed skills and critical thinking ability.
Selection Process Information:
All applications will be reviewed by the recruitment team. Qualified candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview with a Nurse Resident Development Specialist (RDS).***INTERVIEWS ARE SCHEDULED FOR February 11th***
Upon completion of the Resident Development Specialist interviews, those determined to be the best qualified candidates
will be scheduled for a Nursing Director interview. ***INTERVIEWS WITH HIRING MANAGERS ARE SCHEDULED FOR March 17th***
Note: You may interview and be offered a position contingent upon passing the NCLEX. Candidates must have an active FL license prior to your start date. Candidates not licensed before the deadline will be considered for the next residency start date.