Internal Medicine Residency Faculty Physician
636 Del Prado Blvd, Cape Coral, FL
Department: Lee Health
Shift: 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
Lee Health is seeking Internal Medicine Faculty Physicians!
Lee Health is a non-profit organization with nearly 90 practice locations throughout Southwest Florida. We have more than 14,000 employees, 4,500 volunteers, and 750 employed primary care and specialty care providers. Our health system has four acute care hospitals and two specialty hospitals that together house 1,812 hospital beds.
Lee Physician Group – is seeking Internal Medicine Faculty Physicians to provide clinical patient care and be responsible to teach and advise internal medicine residents. Candidates for this position will be experts in evaluating competencies and will work closely with the Program Director and Associate Program Director to develop and implement a resident evaluation system.
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.)
- Current medical licensure and appropriate medical staff appointment
- Board certified in an approved clinical specialty
- Current certification by the ABIM
- Full Time Lee Health Employee
- Faculty physicians will dedicate an average of 15 hours per week to the program
- Must comply with all ACGME core faculty requirements
Key Job Responsibilities:
- 3 years of successful academic experience in graduate medical education preferred
- Prefer educational and administrative experience
- Teaching, supervising and evaluating internal medicine residents using real time face to face feedback
- Participate in remediation of residents
- Participate in resident’s didactic conferences including – M&M, EBM, journal club, daily morning report, noon conferences as a lecturer, etc.
- Attend faculty and department of medicine meetings
- Participate in the following committees: Clinical Competency, Program Evaluation and Resident Selection
Fort Myers:In Fort Myers, there is something for everyone. With warm weather all year round, the area has numerous outdoor activities right at your fingertips, such as, boating, playing golf, fishing, enjoying the wildlife, beautiful walking & biking trails, and so much more! Fort Myers also has numerous restaurants, plenty of shopping close by in our malls and outlets, art, history and a wide variety of festivals all year round. Fort Myers International Airport is easy to get to, easy to use, and offers numerous direct flights and connections to meet all of your travel needs. Those in this area are also able to enjoy the Key West Express which allows for a 3-hour boat ride down to Key West! Fort Myers is minutes away from Sanibel Island, Captiva, and Naples. This area is also conveniently located near three of Florida’s major cities, Orlando, Tampa and Miami. If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please e-mail your CV to our Physician Recruitment Office at email@example.com
- Offers a competitive compensation package with salary and bonus opportunities
- Generous paid time off
- Sign on bonus & relocation package
- Malpractice through sovereign immunity
- 403(b) retirement plan with match
- Short term/long term disability