CNA Benefitted Float Pool - Full Time - NIGHTS
4211 Metro Parkway, Fort Myers, FL
Department: Nurse Staffing Office
Categories: Nursing Support
Shift: 7:00 PM-7:30 AM
LEE HEALTH System Expectations of Benefited Float Pool CNA Advanced:
4 week scheduling period: 6 shifts would need to be scheduled and 1 of those must be a weekend shift.
- Must float to all four hospital campuses as need requires
- All shifts must be 12 hour shifts. May not work more than 5 shifts in a row, with the exception of disaster situations.
- Must be scheduled:
- May – October: may alternate between 1 and 2 shifts per week must have 3 shifts (36 hours) per pay period.
NOTE: All plans will be paid shift differential in accordance with the Shift Differential policy – S09 04 814. Holiday pay will be in accordance with the Lee Health Holidays & Holiday Special Pay Policy- S09 04 385.Provides patient care duties under the guidance and direction of the nurse. Responsible for implementing components of the plan of care through the initiation/completion of procedures relating to basic human, mental health, social needs, comfort, safety and emergency measures; activities of daily living; personal care needs; nutrition and fluid and elimination needs. May have access to and transport non-controlled medications as directed.
- November – April: at least 2 shifts every week with every other weekend rotation (48 hours) per pay period.
- for a 4 week scheduling period: 8 shifts would need to be scheduled and 2 of those must be weekend shifts.
- Weekend shifts begin at 7am Friday and end at 7am on Monday.
- Must work 2 (12 hour) Holidays per year. 1 (12 hour) shift must be Memorial Day, 4th of July, or Labor Day and 1 (12 hour) shift must be Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Years’.
|Degree/Diploma Obtained||Program of Study||Required/|
|High School Diploma or Equivalent||Preferred|
Completion of a State Approved, CNA Education Program required (with at least 120 hours of academic studies and clinical training; 165 hours preferred in Acute Care).
|Minimum Years Required||Area of Experience||Required/|
Previous CNA work experience preferred; or new graduate CNA with clinical training.
State of Florida Licensure Requirements
Or a CNA certification active in another state which is transferrable to obtain Florida certification under reciprocity.
|BLS (American Heart Association / Basic Life Support)||Required|
Proof of American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required; current for a minimum of 90 days after hire date.