Clinical Optimization Specialist - Clinical Informatics
Fort Myers, FL
Department: PROCESS ANALYTICS
Shift: 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
Are you looking for a exciting new career in Clinical Informatics? Come join Lee Health and our mission of being a trusted partner, empowering healthier lives through care and compassion.
The Clinical Optimization Specialist II partners with clinical and business leaders to provide:
- decision support insight and analysis.
- monthly updates on readmissions dashboards for Lee Health
- analysis of key drivers impacting readmissions
- Monitor progress of readmission group activities
- develop new dashboards to enhance engagement in readmissions reductions
- become subject matter expert on CMS readmission reduction program
- develop reports and dashboards to support other value based arrangements for readmission reduction
Other Job Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Works collaboratively with end users, data analysts, finance analysts and IT to develop a solution within the business intelligence (BI) environment that meets the business requirements.
- Guides stakeholders based on insight gained from monthly/quarterly routine Process Analytics reports
- Cultivates a strong, collaborative relationship with the customer, finance analysts and IT partners
- Is a “horizontal” thinker and provides support across multiple divisions. Is efficient in managing workload and conflicting priorities.
- Regularly gemba walks with key customers to watch how they use information and makes recommendations for reporting process improvements.
- Drives/facilitates user requirements-gathering efforts. Develops training plans and holds training sessions for their customers.
- Understands the relevant divisions’ business plans and key customers’ job functions pertaining to the business plan.
- Responsible for final preparation and delivery of the Performance Improvement presentation material for senior management and BOD members. Technical:
- Uses Visual Management, data visualization techniques to express information in a way that is understandable to the customer.
- Uses analytical skills to troubleshoot & resolve data integrity and reporting issues.
- Effectively develops reports/applications using appropriate decision support tools such as Qlikview, & SQL Server Management Studio.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements, reports, views. Creates and executes test plans and documentation.
- Understands the common sources of data within the healthcare system (internal and external), and the data structures of each data source, relationships between the data sources, and relationships of tables within each data source.
- Leads and facilitates decision-support related initiatives, typically involving cross-departmental teams.
- Trains and mentors other analysts.
Have Questions? Chat with the Recruiter:
Join our Live Chat Sessions:
Tuesday - Thursday, 12:30pm - 1:30pm EST. Click on the below link to register
Monday and Friday 12:30pm - 1:30pm EST. Click on the below link to register:
|Degree/Diploma Obtained||Program of Study||Required/|
Additional RequirementsBS or BA in healthcare field, management, business, statistics or related field or equivalent experience
|Minimum Years Required||Area of Experience||Required/|
|5 Years||Decision Support||Required|
Additional RequirementsMinimum 5 years experience in decision support or similar role. Typically, involves specialized training and experience in one or more areas such as: finance, utilization, clinical quality, health care administration, statistics, operational processes, epidemiology. Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills. Highly proficient in decision support tools such as Excel, Qlikview or Statit. Has a sound understanding of HIPAA requirements.
State of Florida Licensure Requirements