13681 Doctor's Way, Fort Myers, FL
Department: Lee Health Solutions - GCMC
Categories: Allied Health
Shift: 8:00 AM-4:30 PM
Gulf Coast Medical Center has a full time Certified Diabetes Educator position available. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years experience as a CDE and an RN or Dietitian License is required.
Responsible for managing the care of Lee Health diabetes inpatient population; developing expected patient outcomes, defining appropriate resource utilization and setting customer satisfaction goals. The Certified Diabetes Educator serves as a clinical expert, and provides education and consultation services to internal and external groups. The Certified Diabetes Educator collaborates with other Lee Health Case Managers, Social Workers, Physicians and other caregivers to facilitate care across the continuum.
The Certified Diabetes Educators will be critical to the overall strategic direction of Lee Diabetes Care with new initiatives.
1. Provide diabetes self-management education and diabetes management recommendations to patients and families primarily in the inpatient setting
2. Provide education / management to patients with all types of diabetes
3. Collaborate with medical, nursing, and case management staff
4. Assess and develop plan of care, evaluate effectiveness of plan
5. Remain current on the rapidly changing field of diabetes management and the latest recommendations for patient education techniques
6. On occasion, may be needed to facilitate outpatient education programs.
Lee Health offers competitve wages, excellent benefits and an work environment. We are ExceptionalLee!
|Degree/Diploma Obtained||Program of Study||Required/|
|Minimum Years Required||Area of Experience||Required/|
|2 Years||Diabetes Education||Required|
|Registered Nurse License||Required||or|
|CDE (Certified Diabetes Educator)||Required|