Certified Diabetes Educator
Fort Myers, FL
Department: Lee Health Solutions - HP
Categories: Allied Health
Shift: 8:00 AM-4:30 PM
HealthPark Medical Center has a full time Certified Diabetes Educator position available. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years experience as a CDE and an RN or Dietitian License is required.
Responsible for managing the care of Lee Health diabetes inpatient population; developing expected patient outcomes, defining appropriate resource utilization and setting customer satisfaction goals. The Certified Diabetes Educator serves as a clinical expert, and provides education and consultation services to internal and external groups. The Certified Diabetes Educator collaborates with other Lee Health Case Managers, Social Workers, Physicians and other caregivers to facilitate care across the continuum.
The Certified Diabetes Educators will be critical to the overall strategic direction of Lee Diabetes Care with new initiatives. The Certified Diabetes Educator will be on a weekend on-call rotation.
1. Provide diabetes self-management education and diabetes management recommendations to patients and families primarily in the inpatient setting
2. Provide education / management to patients with all types of diabetes
3. Collaborate with medical, nursing, and case management staff
4. Assess and develop plan of care, evaluate effectiveness of plan
5. Remain current on the rapidly changing field of diabetes management and the latest recommendations for patient education techniques
6. On occasion, may be needed to facilitate outpatient education programs.
Lee Health offers competitve wages, excellent benefits and an work environment. We are ExceptionalLee!
|Degree/Diploma Obtained||Program of Study||Required/|
|Minimum Years Required||Area of Experience||Required/|
|2 Years||Diabetes Education||Required|
Additional RequirementsMinimum of 1000 hours in Diabetes Self Management Education within the past 5 years preferred.
State of Florida Licensure Requirements
|Registered Nurse License||Required||or|
Additional RequirementsCurrent license as an RN in the State of Florida or Florida Licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist. For physician practice locations: Registered and licensed dietitian only.
|CDE (Certified Diabetes Educator)||Required|